Attend this Kubernetes CKA & CKAD Practice Tests will get above 80% Score on Main Exam
What you will learn
Pass CKA and/or CKAD certification
Detailed explanations for each question, right and wrong answer
Similar difficulty to the actual exam.
Learn Kubernetes Commands
- YAML/JSON knowledge: All Kubernetes objects can be created via YAML or JSON files. But YAML is widely used since its simple. So it is good to have YAML knowledge.
- Linux Knowledge: For the ones who never worked on Linux based OS, it’s highly recommended to take Beginners course of Linux, knowledge of networking in Linux is also required to some extent if you are going for CKA.
- Vim editor: While preparing for the exam, you will quite often need to create and modify files.
- Docker Knowledge: As Kubernetes is a container orchestrator; before you start preparing for CKAD or CKA, having prior knowledge of docker is a must.
Tips & Tricks:
- Time Management: Managing time is the key to crack the exam. For CKA you get 24 questions to be answered in 3hrs and for CKAD 19 questions in 2hrs.
- Setup autocompletes in bash into the current shell when you start the exam, you may use shorthand alias for kubectl (alias k=kubectl).
- Not all questions are equal weight, so do not spend too much time at one question. If you get tricky questions, flag it and move to the next question and try to attempt all the questions.
- CKA has 6 different clusters and CKAD has 4. Related questions are integrated into one cluster. Make sure to change the cluster context once you complete and move the next question.
- In some questions, you will need to ssh another node in the cluster and elevate permissions. After performing your task, be careful while exiting from the elevated role and the node, sometimes you try to be quick and may come out of the base node which can lead to re-login the base node and cost extra time. You need to always return to the base node before attempting the next question.
- You are not allowed to use pen and paper, you can use the inbuilt notepad to note any command or save any information you want.
- Use kubectl to create resources (such as deployment, service, cronjobs, etc) instead of creating them from manifest files. It saves a lot of time. If you need to make further changes, save the manifest file for the resource you created using kubectl, modify accordingly and re-apply. Alternatively, you can as well use kubectl edit <resource> to modify the resource spec.
- Know that you have one free re-take if you didn’t clear the exam in the first attempt.
At last, since the exam requires concentrated effort for 3 hours(CKA)/2 hours(CKAD) and is straining both physically and mentally, book the best time of a day and come with a relaxed mind.