Learn the fundamentals of healthcare medical imaging systems, including screen/film, computed and digital radiography
What You Will Learn
Define the basic concepts behind the various dectors used in radiography
Understand the basics of Computed Radiography (CR)
Describe the difference between Digital Radiography (DR) and Computed Radiogaphy and why that is important.
List the various types of radiographic imaging systems.
There are no course requirements or prerequisites. This course is a foundation course.
Have you ever wondered how xray based radiographic systems work and why they are so important to healthcare? Are you curious about how the digital versions of the old screen/film systems improve upon image quality and diagnosis? Would you like to see what these systems look like? If so, this course is for you.
You will learn:
- The basics of how xray films are generated
- Computed Radiography and the advantages that this digital system brings to image quality and reduced retakes
- Digital Radiography and how it eliminates the need for plate handling and how it improves work processes and efficiencies in the radiography department.
- The various types of radiographic equipment and how they serve different needs
This course includes:
- Video lectures walking you through the various aspects of xrays
- Quiz to test your retention
Whether you are new to the healthcare profession or looking to advance your career in healthcare or are an established healthcare professional eager to learn more about the potential of medical imaging, this course is perfect for you. The course is targeted for those unfamiliar with technical jargon but still wanting to learn about this technology and its application to healthcare organizations.
My approach to teaching is a very pragmatic one explaining difficult concepts in an “easy to understand” format. This and my other courses are founded on my 35 years experience in the healthcare industry growing my career from development engineer through president. It is also based on my 15 years teaching business and healthcare at the graduate level at 2 Universities.
This course on Radiography is one in a series of courses on Medical Imaging. Other courses include Image Processing, Fluoroscopy, Cardiovascular, CT, MR, Ultrasound and Nuclear Medicine.
Who this course is for:
- Those currently in a healthcare position, wanting to learn more about Xray Systems and the role they play in healthcare.
- Those considering a career change and wanting to learn more about Xray systems.
- Those entering the healthcare industry and considering a career in medical Imaging
- The eternally curious
Screen Film Exposures, Part 1
Screen Film Exposures, Part 2
Other Xray Systems