Stand out as a candidate, make recruiters call YOU and get your first data science job
What You Will Learn
How to write a CV that gets recruiters to call you
The top-3 skills recruiters are looking for in data science candidates
How to nail a machine learning quiz
How to structure a take-home data science assignment
The mistakes that get your CV ignored
The only requirement is a strong desire to get your first data science job.
Getting your first job in data science isn’t easy. Recruiters spend on average 7 seconds to scan your résumé. So, you have to prove very quickly that you have the right skills for the job. However, if you don’t have work experience in data science, proving your skills seems extra hard.
We’ve all been there though. Every data scientist was once a data scientist without experience.
In this course, I’ll share with you my tips to get that first job in data science. I’ll tell you what recruiters are looking for in this field and how to write a résumé that stands out.
Afterward, I’ll tell you how the rest of the interview process goes, and what companies really want from you in every stage. You’ll learn how deeply you should study machine learning to pass interviews and how to structure a take-home assignment. There is also a sample machine learning quiz, similar to what you may find in a real interview.
You may be:
- An academic researcher who wants to transition into data science. You have mathematical, stastistical and coding skills and you want to apply them in a commercial role for the first time;
- A data analyst who wants to transition to data science or machine learning roles;
- A software developer who want to take the leap into data science ;
- A complete beginner who wants to know what the pathway to a career in data science looks like.
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring data scientists
- Academic researchers looking to transition into data science
Your goal is not to get a job
The résumé that got me ZERO calls
Top-3 skills recruiters are looking for: Machine Learning
Data Science project ideas
Top-3 skills recruiters are looking for: Python for Data Science
Top-3 skills recruiters are looking for: Business Acumen
Other 2 skills recruiters like to see
The improved résumé that got me interviews
Tips for writing your résumé
Elon Musk’s résumé
Step-by-step résumé writing guide and template
Where to find a data science job